ONSLOW COUNTY - Two military vehicles heading for training were involved in a wreck that sent two people to a hospital.
The accident happened on Highway 24, near Belgrade-Swansboro Road, about 5 miles east of Hubert, Thursday morning. According to a Marine on scene, it all started when two civilian cars stopped at a red light. That was when one military vehicle pulled up behind them. But a second military vehicle then rear-ended the first military vehicle, causing it to end up in the middle of the road, where it began leaking fuel, the Marine said.
The military vehicle that did the rear-ending ran into a ditch on the side of the road. Two people were transported to Onslow Memorial Hospital with non-life threatening injuries, said the Marine.
The crews in the military vehicles were on their way to a training session to learn how to load the vehicles into Ospreys.
- Updated One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating