NEW BERN - A crowd of approximately 200 supporters turned out Thursday night to help wounded warriors get home to see their loved ones for Christmas.
The supporters at New Bern Country Club heard about 30 warriors tell their stories of injury in war and recovering in rehab at Camp Lejeune.
Supporters paid $30 each to help reach a goal of $320,000 to get the base's 399 wounded warriors home for the holidays.
Local members of the Military Order of Purple Heart started the annual fundraising event seven years ago.
- Updated Illinois to yank billions from Wells Fargo amid scandal
- Gingrich rebukes Trump for late-night Twitter rant
- Clinton improves edge over Trump in new national poll
- Dollar General facing $250K bill over 2 bottles of juice
- Weld 'not sure anybody is more qualified than Hillary Clinton' to be president