NEW BERN - Students at The Epiphany School in New Bern held their 5th Annual Stop Hunger Now meal packaging event on Tuesday, November 20.
The goal for this year was to raise a minimum of $5,500 to package about 22,000 meals.
They succeeded in reaching their goal.
Mary Scott Davis, a student at the school who was packaging meals, was quoted saying that, "...It's a great day to do this, before everybody gets together as a family. I love helping people and this is a great way to get more into the community."
Over the years, The Epiphany School has packaged over 100,000 meals for Stop Hunger Now.
Each meal costs only 25 cents to make.
- Updated One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating