NEW BERN - Students at The Epiphany School in New Bern held their 5th Annual Stop Hunger Now meal packaging event on Tuesday, November 20.
The goal for this year was to raise a minimum of $5,500 to package about 22,000 meals.
They succeeded in reaching their goal.
Mary Scott Davis, a student at the school who was packaging meals, was quoted saying that, "...It's a great day to do this, before everybody gets together as a family. I love helping people and this is a great way to get more into the community."
Over the years, The Epiphany School has packaged over 100,000 meals for Stop Hunger Now.
Each meal costs only 25 cents to make.
- Updated Special Weather Statement
- Updated Mark Cuban: My players can join national anthem protest
- Updated Pence debate prep: More traditional than Trump's, practicing with Scott Walker
- Updated CDC releases new guidance on Zika and sex
- Updated Howard Dean apologizes for 'innuendo' in cocaine comments