ASHEVILLE - Blue Ridge Parkway officials will review safety procedures after a maintenance worker died when his mower plunged nearly 300 feet down an embankment covered with boulders.
The Asheville Citizen-Times reported (http://avlne.ws/Kj2TUE) that 63-year-old Dana Bruce of Alexander died Monday morning as he worked at the Haw Creek Overlook north of Asheville.
Parkway chief ranger Steve Stinnett says Alexander was close to the edge of the overlook because he was steering around a trash bin. Another maintenance worker saw what happened.
Stinnett says the safety review will determine whether officials should make policy changes.
- LIVE FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Bill Murray is done with boring golf clothes
- Updated World Series ticket prices at a record high
- State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated Chicago O'Hare runway closed due to smoking aircraft