Police say a woman who worked at a New Bern group home for disabled people stole their money.
Officers say Leticia Chantel Armstrong, 37, worked at a group home run by the Monarch Company.
According to the company leadership, the home is for disabled adults who cannot care for themselves.
Investigators say Armstrong controlled the victims' money and drained their accounts of thousands of dollars.
Armstrong faces dozens of felony charges. She lives in Pamlico County and is out of jail on bond.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Stranded mariners saved after writing 'SOS' in the sand
- Updated Yellowstone National Park worker falls to death
- Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her