Police say a woman who worked at a New Bern group home for disabled people stole their money.
Officers say Leticia Chantel Armstrong, 37, worked at a group home run by the Monarch Company.
According to the company leadership, the home is for disabled adults who cannot care for themselves.
Investigators say Armstrong controlled the victims' money and drained their accounts of thousands of dollars.
Armstrong faces dozens of felony charges. She lives in Pamlico County and is out of jail on bond.
- Updated China: Japanese military jets using 'dangerous' tactics
- Pipeline protesters forced back after 141 arrested
- WikiLeaks reveals campaign vexed by 'Bill Clinton Inc.'
- The Cubs and Indians get ready to battle it out in Game 3 of The World Series
- Early voting update: More than 12.6 million votes cast