CRAVEN COUNTY - You've heard of folks posing nude for calendars, well, now we have a dozen local women with their own calendar, but here's the catch -- they are all more than 70 years old.
Twelve women from New Bern showed off their birthday suits, all for the sake of charity.
Strategically placed objects hid the ladies' most sensitive areas. Bev Fawcett said got the idea from the movie "Calendar Girls."
"Everybody just went crazy over it, and we thought we might get run out of town, but we didn't," Fawcett said. Initially (the women we asked to be in the calendar) were horrified and say they couldn't possibly, and as we talked a little bit they said why not."
The first calendar came out in 2008, this is the second installment.
"That was going to be the one and only one we did. Well here I sit. Got talked into doing it again and we just had the best time," Fawcett said.
Profits from the $15 calendars will go to two local charities: M.E.R.C.I Clinic and Religious Community Services.
The calender girls will have a signing on July 19. They will be at Port City Java in New Bern, and gentlemen, sorry to disappoint, but they will be fully clothed.
- Updated Can Tokyo avoid the curse of the Olympics?
- Updated Trump: 'There could certainly be a softening' on immigration stance
- After gay couple's home is vandalized, a community rallies
- Potential Solar Farm stirring up controversy in Jones County
- Onslow County teachers participate in MindUP training