JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - She has a bright smile, a bubbly personality, and a passion for animals.
Kaila Smith, of Jacksonville, has cystic fibrosis. But she's taking part in clinical trials for a drug called Kalydeco -- the first medicine to treat the underlying cause of CF.
NewsChannel 12's Valentina Wilson reports on Kaila's progress. Click on the video player above to watch.
Kaila has been going to the annual Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Telethon in New Bern since she was a baby. To learn more about the telethon, which will be hosted by NewsChannel 12 on Saturday starting at 6:30 p.m., CLICK HERE.
- Updated 2 powerful earthquakes rattle Italy
- Updated Governor tours storm damage, celebrates openig of Neuse Sports Shop in Kinston
- Updated SkyWest Airlines pilot accused of operating aircraft while intoxicated
- City of New Bern to celebrate Third Avenue extension
- Ex-congressman: 'If Trump loses, I'm grabbing my musket'