WILLIAMSTON - A woman died after being struck by a car in Martin County Friday afternoon.
Troopers said 54-year-old Kim Carraway was chasing her dog when she ran onto Bear Trap Road, in front of her residence. A driver struck Carraway, and she died on scene.
A witness of the incident said Carraway was in a full sprint, and that the driver had no way to avoid hitting her.
The driver of the vehicle would not face charges, troopers said.
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- New Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend