HALIFAX, N.C. - The North Carolina Highway Patrol says a Roanoke Rapids woman has been struck and killed by a pickup truck while walking on an Interstate 95 exit ramp.
Troopers said 43-year-old Symanthia Pierce was trying to cross I-95 around 2 a.m. Saturday after her vehicle broke down when she was hit at Exit 171 by the truck.
Authorities say charges will not be filed against the pickup truck driver.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend