RALEIGH, Wake County - A crash on I-440 resulted in the death of a woman Sunday morning after her vehicle fell several feet off of the interstate, according to WTVD.
Police said that at about 1:44 a.m. they responded to a crash on I-495 near I-440.
Officials said that 42-year-old Darlene Bullock Branch crashed into a barrier and her vehicle fell several feet off of the interstate.
Branch's vehicle hit several trees and a dumpster before it came to a stop.
Branch died at the scene.
- N.C. Arts Council to honor 74-year-old musician for years of work
- Officers on paid leave as SBI investigates shooting in Kinston
- Future of local clinic's unique drug addiction treatment program in jeopardy
- ECU student killed in Charlotte car crash
- Victim's families of Duke Life Flight crash file lawsuits, blame engine, pilot