BEAUFORT COUNTY - A Pitt County woman was killed in a Beaufort County wreck Wednesday afternoon, investigators said.
According to the Highway Patrol, 22-year-old Brittany Green, of Sutton Acres Lane south of Grimesland, was driving on Tripp Road, about 14 miles southeast of Chocowinity. That was when she crossed the center line, ran off the road, and hit a tree, troopers said.
Green died from her injuries, investigators told NewsChannel 12.
According to troopers, only one vehicle was involved in the wreck, which happened at about 12:17 p.m. Wednesday.
Troopers said the victim was going slightly faster than the speed limit.
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Updated 9-year-old girl dies following head on car collision
- Woman sent to the hospital following car crash with log truck
- Updated Manchester Arena attack: 8-year-old girl among the dead at Ariana Grande concert
- Cops and Barbers event set for Tuesday in Greenville