BEAUFORT COUNTY - A Pitt County woman was killed in a Beaufort County wreck Wednesday afternoon, investigators said.
According to the Highway Patrol, 22-year-old Brittany Green, of Sutton Acres Lane south of Grimesland, was driving on Tripp Road, about 14 miles southeast of Chocowinity. That was when she crossed the center line, ran off the road, and hit a tree, troopers said.
Green died from her injuries, investigators told NewsChannel 12.
According to troopers, only one vehicle was involved in the wreck, which happened at about 12:17 p.m. Wednesday.
Troopers said the victim was going slightly faster than the speed limit.
- Updated Long commute could hurt your health, add to your waistline
- Updated Italy earthquake: At least 2 killed, buildings collapse
- Can Tokyo avoid the curse of the Olympics?
- Trump: 'There could certainly be a softening' on immigration stance
- After gay couple's home is vandalized, a community rallies