NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - A driver had to be airlifted to a hospital after a Craven County wreck that left her trapped in her car, emergency officials said.
According to the N.C. Department of Public Safety, 35-year-old Mu Mu, of Trent Woods, was traveling west on U.S. 70 when she over-corrected several times for unknown reasons. She then traveled off the road to the left, came back on the road, and drove off the road to the right, before hitting a ditch and a tree, troopers said. The accident happened at about 7 a.m. Tuesday near the N.C. 43 exit on Highway 70.
Craven County Emergency Management Director Stanley Kite said the driver was trapped. She was transported to CarolinaEast Medical Center, before being airlifted to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. At last check, her condition was unknown.
The driver was the only person in the vehicle, troopers said. Charges were pending.
- Updated Suicide attacks kill dozens in Syrian city of Homs
- Updated Pence pledges to 'keep our end of the bargain' with top Jewish supporters
- Witness recalls moments before, after Olathe shooting
- Teen wants to be guardian of sister after both parents die
- Prosecutors question NYC mayor in federal probe