NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - A driver had to be airlifted to a hospital after a Craven County wreck that left her trapped in her car, emergency officials said.
According to the N.C. Department of Public Safety, 35-year-old Mu Mu, of Trent Woods, was traveling west on U.S. 70 when she over-corrected several times for unknown reasons. She then traveled off the road to the left, came back on the road, and drove off the road to the right, before hitting a ditch and a tree, troopers said. The accident happened at about 7 a.m. Tuesday near the N.C. 43 exit on Highway 70.
Craven County Emergency Management Director Stanley Kite said the driver was trapped. She was transported to CarolinaEast Medical Center, before being airlifted to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. At last check, her condition was unknown.
The driver was the only person in the vehicle, troopers said. Charges were pending.
- LIVE FBI reviewing new emails in Clinton classified information probe
- Updated Duplin County man arrested for drugs, guns and explosives
- Updated Viewer captures photos, video of manatees in Pine Knoll Shores
- Updated Bill Cosby is legally blind, according to defense attorneys
- Updated Stocks sink on Clinton email bombshell