NEWPORT, CARTERET COUNTY - A 43-year-old woman is facing charges in an incident involving a teen boy.
Michelle Currie was arrested Thursday by Carteret County deputies. Investigators said she was engaging in a sex offense with a 15-year-old. Currie was charged with one count of statutory rape and was placed in the Carteret County Jail under a $150,000
- Updated Tornado warnings issued for Duplin, Tyrrell, Dare counties
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Seven Springs man dies after fight with detention officers