PITT COUNTY - A Greenville woman has been charged with stabbing her child's father after what police say was an argument over money.
They say they responded to a call in the 600 block of 14th St. When they arrived they found that 21-year-old Kelvin Brown had been stabbed in his upper chest with a kitchen knife. The mother of their child, 18-year-old Trameka Boyd admitted to the stabbing during an argument over money.
Boyd was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon, but received no bond due to the domestic nature of the charges. Brown was transported by EMS with serious, but non life-threatening injuries. Warrants were also obtained for Kelvin Brown pending his release from the hospital for Assault on a Female and Communicating Threats.
- Updated The history behind Kaepernick's anthem protest
- Police say erratic driving leads to arrest, stolen vehicle recovered
- Yokohama Tire Corporation Selects North Carolina for Technical Development Center, Creating 56 Jobs
- McCain, Rubio, Wasserman Schultz face Tuesday primary tests
- Parmalee announces their return to Greenville