MORGANTON - A Hickory woman accused of killing a father and son riding a motorcycle has been indicted on charges of second-degree murder.
The News Herald of Morganton reports a grand jury handed up the indictment against Amie Jo Skeens this month.
Investigators say Skeens crashed into two motorcycles last October, killing 19-year-old Kevin Moody and his father, 42-year-old Stephen Moody. The men were together on one motorcycle; two other people were injured.
Police say Skeens drove away but was later arrested. Court documents state she initially denied being behind the wheel, saying "crackhead zombies" were driving the van instead.
She's scheduled to appear in court April 30. She's currently being held in jail on a $145,000 bond. A call to her lawyer wasn't immediately returned.
- Updated 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in blackface
- Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Updated Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates