GOLDSBORO, WAYNE COUNTY - A woman was arrested in Wayne County in connection to a murder case in Louisiana.
Joan Carothers was wanted for accessory to second-degree murder for an incident that happened on Aug. 23 in New Orleans, police said. No other details on the murder case were released.
Carothers was arrested at about 5 p.m. Wednesday on the 3400 block of East Ash Street in Goldsboro, according to investigators. She was being jailed under no bond and was awaiting extradition back to Louisiana.
- Updated Amanda Knox documentary takes media to task
- Updated Obama waits impatiently for Bill Clinton on Air Force One
- Ryder Cup: Europe cuts US lead on opening day at Hazeltine
- Wells Fargo made me work overtime -- without extra pay
- Rangers officially complete purchase of Kinston franchise from Minor League Baseball