CARTERET COUNTY - A woman wanted for stealing roughly $1 million from her employer was arrested Friday in Carteret County.
Jeanette Elizabeth Josey, 50, was taken to Carteret County Jail and placed under a $350,000 bond. She had to turn over her passport, and she has a first court appearance Monday.
Josey is accused of embezzling from five corporations owned by James Gillikin of Beaufort.
Josey worked as the office manager and authorized agent for Gillikin Marine Railways Inc., Morgan Creek Seafood Inc., James T. Gillikin Inc., Trawler Captain Jimmy Inc., and Captain James II, Inc.
Josey, who worked for Gillikin for the past 17 years, is accused of using corporation funds to pay off loans, debts, obtain property, pay insurance, finance exotic trips and vacations.
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Updated Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father in law
- Updated Preparations for first ECU home game underway