NEWPORT, CARTERET COUNTY - A woman was charged for allegedly spitting on deputies in Carteret County.
According to investigators, 23-year-old Kayci Jo Angstrom, of Newport, spat on the deputies when they arrived at her home in response to a domestic call at 2 a.m. Monday.
Angstrom has been charged with assault on a government official, resist, obstruct and delay, and two counts of malicious conduct by a prisoner. She was being held in the Carteret County Jail under a $5,000.00 bond. her first court appearance was Monday morning.
- Updated Tropical Storm Matthew forms in the Caribbean could have impacts to Eastern North Carolina
- Updated Trump peddles Google conspiracy theory
- UPDATE: Missing 11-year-old North Carolina girl found safe
- CIA Director: We 'have to assume' terrorist activity in US
- Trump campaign talking points: Bring up Monica