BETHEL, PITT COUNTY - A woman was arrested in connection with a domestic related assault in the Town of Bethel in Pitt County.
Bethel Police say 28-year-old Shanekica Bryant allegedly attempted to run over her boyfriend, Devaris Hinton, twice and hit Hinton's residence with the vehicle during the attack.
Police also say Bryant stabbed Hinton in the leg with a knife and fled the scene.
Collaborative efforts of the Edgecombe County Sheriff's Office and the Bethel Police Department led to Bryant's arrest on Saturday.
Bryant has been charged with two counts of attempt to murder, injury to real property, assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
Bryant is being booked and held at the Pitt County Detention Center.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday