BETHEL, PITT COUNTY - A woman was arrested in connection with a domestic related assault in the Town of Bethel in Pitt County.
Bethel Police say 28-year-old Shanekica Bryant allegedly attempted to run over her boyfriend, Devaris Hinton, twice and hit Hinton's residence with the vehicle during the attack.
Police also say Bryant stabbed Hinton in the leg with a knife and fled the scene.
Collaborative efforts of the Edgecombe County Sheriff's Office and the Bethel Police Department led to Bryant's arrest on Saturday.
Bryant has been charged with two counts of attempt to murder, injury to real property, assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
Bryant is being booked and held at the Pitt County Detention Center.
- New Two adults arrested, charged with encouraging, enticing children's fight
- Updated Clinton: Trump's 'final target is democracy itself'
- Updated House Dems expand map as super PAC targets Montana
- Updated Child abducted in North Carolina, Amber Alert issued
- Updated GOP schedules RNC member call as Election Day approaches