BETHEL, PITT COUNTY - A woman was arrested in connection with a domestic related assault in the Town of Bethel in Pitt County.
Bethel Police say 28-year-old Shanekica Bryant allegedly attempted to run over her boyfriend, Devaris Hinton, twice and hit Hinton's residence with the vehicle during the attack.
Police also say Bryant stabbed Hinton in the leg with a knife and fled the scene.
Collaborative efforts of the Edgecombe County Sheriff's Office and the Bethel Police Department led to Bryant's arrest on Saturday.
Bryant has been charged with two counts of attempt to murder, injury to real property, assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
Bryant is being booked and held at the Pitt County Detention Center.
- Updated Doctor: I wrote Trump's bill of health in 5 minutes
- Updated Trent Woods road closing for repairs starting Sept. 6
- Updated Man arrested in Greenville on drug possession charges
- Updated Badges save officers struck by bullets
- New Bern Shrine Club holding donation drive for Louisiana flood victims