JAMES CITY - A woman was airlifted to the hospital after a crash Saturday morning in Craven County.
According to the Highway Patrol, the woman was traveling on Brice's Creek Road towards New Bern Saturday before 8:50 when she crashed into a tree. It happened near the intersection with Duck Way.
A trooper said the vehicle went off the left side of the road which lead to the crash.
No other vehicles were involved in the accident. The victim was taken to Vidant hospital in Greenville.
No word on the condition of the victim or cause of the accident.
It's under investigation.
Traffic was blocked for about 30 minutes Saturday morning due tot he crash, but the scene was cleared.
- New Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- New Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Updated Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health