MARTIN COUNTY - Rescuers on Saturday airlifted a female hunter who had fallen from her tree stand in Martin County.
Firefighters got the call just before 5:30 p.m.
Rescuers ventured approximately two miles into the woods off of Poplar Point Road, near Williamston.
They used an ATV with a trailer to bring the victim out of the woods.
The woman, in her 20s, had fallen approximately 20 feet to the ground when her hunting tree stand broke, rescuers said.
The woman and her father were in the stand; the father was not hurt.
There's no word on her condition; rescuers said she had moderate injuries.
The father was not hurt.
- Updated Lawsuit: Mississippi deprives blacks of equal education
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Cops and Barbers works to bridge gap between GPD, community
- Local teacher plays role in development of US Forest Service museum
- Chocowinity soldier killed in action to be honored in NASCAR race