MARTIN COUNTY - Rescuers on Saturday airlifted a female hunter who had fallen from her tree stand in Martin County.
Firefighters got the call just before 5:30 p.m.
Rescuers ventured approximately two miles into the woods off of Poplar Point Road, near Williamston.
They used an ATV with a trailer to bring the victim out of the woods.
The woman, in her 20s, had fallen approximately 20 feet to the ground when her hunting tree stand broke, rescuers said.
The woman and her father were in the stand; the father was not hurt.
There's no word on her condition; rescuers said she had moderate injuries.
The father was not hurt.
- Updated 4 reasons why Venezuela became the world's worst economy
- Updated Mercedes-Benz unveils first pickup truck
- Updated Women now drink nearly as much alcohol as men, study finds
- Updated Eight more local counties among 13 additional to receive Disaster Food Assistance
- One of two workers to die in Boston trench collapse from New Bern