BATH, BEAUFORT COUNTY - A Beaufort County woman has accused her husband of shooting at her inside their home.
David Carver, 61, is accused of trying to kill his wife. He is facing an assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill charge as well as a communicating threats charge.
Deputies said this happened at the couple's home on Brookshire Drive, in Bath Thursday around 4:30 in the afternoon.
Officers tell us they found a bullet hole in the window of one of the home's glass doors.
Deputies did not specify whether the woman was hurt.
Neighbors said they never saw an ambulance at the home- only deputy cars. Neighbors said this neighborhood is typically very calm and quiet.
Warrants went out for carver following the shooting. Carver turned himself in about two hours later.
He was booked into the Beaufort County Detention Center without bond Thursday.
Saturday, he was no longer in jail.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- State natural, cultural sites and military discounts for Memorial Day