PITT COUNTY - A Pitt County woman accused of trying to murder her husband will appear in court Monday.
Sarah Saunders, 27, tried to kill her husband not once, but twice, all within a 24-hour span, authorities said. Saunders stabbed her husband in the head with a knife in May, deputies said. She later confessed that she tried to poison him a day before the stabbing.
Sarah Saunders was charged with two counts of attempted first-degree murder.
- 'Unprecedented' divide: Democrats fear recession, Republicans see boom
- Volunteers come out to help for Reef Habitat Project event
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures