BEAUFORT COUNTY - A Beaufort County woman is accused of statutory rape and giving drugs to minors.
According to the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office, 30-year-old Morgan Small Burbage, of Bath, has been charged with six counts of statutory rape, six counts of sexual activity by a substitute parent, and seven counts of selling or delivering a controlled substance to a minor.
Deputies said they began their investigation on Nov. 9, 2013, when they received a report of the alleged crimes. No other details on the investigation have been released.
Burbage was served with the warrants on Monday at the Beaufort County Detention Center, where she was already being held on unrelated charges, investigators said. Burbage was arrested on Jan. 6 after deputies accused her of breaking into several homes and a church.
An additional $200,000 was added to her bond for the latest charges, according to the Sheriff's Office.
- Updated Manchester attack: What we know and don't know
- Former Windsor police officer convicted for role in narcotics ring
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- 9-year-old girl dies following head on car collision
- Woman sent to the hospital following car crash with log truck