JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - Police say a woman left her baby alone in a vehicle while she shopped at a Walmart in Jacksonville.
According to warrants from the Jacksonville Police Department, 28-year-old Cherilynn Nichole Pangelinan left her 11-month-old baby daughter in a car seat in an unlocked vehicle with the windows up. Pangelinan then went shopping at the Walmart at 2025 North Marine Blvd., said police. The alleged incident happened on Saturday.
Police said a concerned citizen called 911. The baby was alone in the vehicle for about 15 minutes, the warrants state.
Police arrested Pangelinan, of Jacksonville, at the parking lot and charged her with misdemeanor child abuse, according to the warrants. She was released on a $1,000 bond and made her first court appearance Monday morning.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday