AYDEN, PITT COUNTY - An Ayden woman who was facing 16 counts of embezzlement was found dead over the weekend.
The Pitt County Medical Examiner's office says 57-year-old Jacqueline Keene died and her cause of death is unknown, pending the autopsy outcome.
Last week, Keene was charged with using the Ayden Golf and Country Club's credit card to buy sunless tanner, liquor, pizza, and bird-feeders.
An Ayden woman is facing 16 counts of embezzlement for allegedly using her company's credit card to buy sunless tanner, liquor, pizza, and bird-feeders.
Ayden Police say Jacqueline Keene used the Ayden Golf and Country Club's credit card to buy the items.
She was released on a $10,000 bond. Ayden police say the investigation is still ongoing.
- Updated Grandson charged with beating grandfather to death
- Updated Have you heard of an outdoor preschool? There's now one in ENC.
- Updated OPEC agrees to cut production; oil prices surge
- Updated Eric Trump praises dad's 'courage' in not bringing up Bill Clinton's infidelities
- Updated Michelle Obama goes off on Donald Trump