AYDEN, PITT COUNTY - An Ayden woman who was facing 16 counts of embezzlement was found dead over the weekend.
The Pitt County Medical Examiner's office says 57-year-old Jacqueline Keene died and her cause of death is unknown, pending the autopsy outcome.
Last week, Keene was charged with using the Ayden Golf and Country Club's credit card to buy sunless tanner, liquor, pizza, and bird-feeders.
An Ayden woman is facing 16 counts of embezzlement for allegedly using her company's credit card to buy sunless tanner, liquor, pizza, and bird-feeders.
Ayden Police say Jacqueline Keene used the Ayden Golf and Country Club's credit card to buy the items.
She was released on a $10,000 bond. Ayden police say the investigation is still ongoing.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Updated Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction