PHELPS LAKE, TYRRELL COUNTY - A waterspout formed over a lake in Tyrrell County over the weekend, weather officials said.
According to Casey Dail of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, witnesses reported seeing the waterspout over Phelps Lake, near the Tyrrell and Washington County line, on Saturday at about 4:04 p.m.
Tyrrell County Sheriff Darryl Liverman sent NewsChannel 12 the above photo. According to Liverman, the waterspout caused no damage or injuries.
- Updated Academy President on 'Birth of a Nation': 'People need to see this movie'
- Updated First known case of sexual Zika transmission without symptoms
- Updated US blood supply should be screened for Zika, FDA says
- Updated Dolly Parton on 2016 candidates: 'I think they're both nuts'
- Updated Wolfowitz 'might have to vote' for Clinton