PHELPS LAKE, TYRRELL COUNTY - A waterspout formed over a lake in Tyrrell County over the weekend, weather officials said.
According to Casey Dail of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, witnesses reported seeing the waterspout over Phelps Lake, near the Tyrrell and Washington County line, on Saturday at about 4:04 p.m.
Tyrrell County Sheriff Darryl Liverman sent NewsChannel 12 the above photo. According to Liverman, the waterspout caused no damage or injuries.
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Updated Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father in law
- Updated Preparations for first ECU home game underway