MARTIN COUNTY - UPDATE: Trooper Jeremy Coletrain of Highway Patrol confirmed with NewsChannel12 that three were injured in a crash Wednesday afternoon.
Trooper Coletrain said the vehicle was heading westbound when it hit a median cable, flipped and came to a rest on the eastbound land of Highway 64.
The three injured were all in the vehicle that flipped. They were transported to Vidant Medical by ambulance with serious injuries.
Charges are pending in the case.
Highway Patrol said the crash is still under investigation.
PREVIOUS:Troopers are investigating a single-vehicle rollover crash that temporarily closed the eastbound lanes of Highway 64.
The incident happened near the Martin/Edgecombe county line; crews got the call at around 4:00 p.m. Wednesday.
A witness on scene said the vehicle was in the westbound lane of the highway and crossed the median onto the eastbound lanes. The witness says the vehicle flipped several times, and one of the two persons inside was ejected and thrown into the woods.
No word on severity of injuries.
- Updated Jimmy Choo's stock is spiking. Here's why
- Updated 'The Rock' is Hollywood's highest paid actor
- Updated Hillary Clinton's California swing yields $19 million in 72 hours
- Updated Celebrate National Parks' 100th birthday by joining Obama on a (virtual) tour of Yosemite
- Updated Baby found in vomit saved