WINTERVILLE - A Winterville man is accused of statutory rape, according to Pitt County investigators.
James Adam Butler, 18, was arrested and charged with two counts of statutory rape or sexual offense of a younger teenager, according to Pitt County investigators.
Deputies say two incidents were reported in early October.
Butler was talking to a 13-year-old female two months prior to these incidents, according to investigators.
He was held in the Pitt County Detention Center under a $200,000 bond.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals