WINTERVILLE - A Winterville man is accused of statutory rape, according to Pitt County investigators.
James Adam Butler, 18, was arrested and charged with two counts of statutory rape or sexual offense of a younger teenager, according to Pitt County investigators.
Deputies say two incidents were reported in early October.
Butler was talking to a 13-year-old female two months prior to these incidents, according to investigators.
He was held in the Pitt County Detention Center under a $200,000 bond.
- Updated Trump's path to 270 runs through ... Maine?
- Updated WikiLeaks-released memo outlines Bill Clinton's lucrative speeches
- Updated Hillary Clinton to hold election night party under real glass ceiling
- Tequila, dance parties and Adele: Hillary Clinton finally lets loose
- Dems sue GOP over Trump's 'rigged' complaints