WINTERVILLE - A Winterville man is accused of statutory rape, according to Pitt County investigators.
James Adam Butler, 18, was arrested and charged with two counts of statutory rape or sexual offense of a younger teenager, according to Pitt County investigators.
Deputies say two incidents were reported in early October.
Butler was talking to a 13-year-old female two months prior to these incidents, according to investigators.
He was held in the Pitt County Detention Center under a $200,000 bond.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend