DUPLIN COUNTY - Saturday afternoon's winds helped to fuel a fire that gutted a Duplin County home, according to Albertson Volunteer Fire Department Chief Winslow Tew.
Firefighters were called to the 100 block of Wind Mill Mobile Home Park Lane at approximately 1:45 p.m.
Tew arrived to find the mobile home engulfed; the home is now a total loss, he said.
The destruction has displaced the people who were living there; their relation to each other is not known.
The fire marshal is investigating the cause.
No one was hurt.
Ellen Bacca contributed to this report.
- Tornado watch issued for most of North Carolina
- Updated Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Updated Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn