WILMINGTON - A Wilmington man has been arrested in connection with the murder of 43-year-old Timothy Wayne Chinn, police said Saturday.
24-year-old Anthony Leon Harris has been charged with first degree murder.
Chinn was found stabbed to death around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday. A preliminary investigation indicated that Chinn went to a friend's house, located in the 3600 block of Metting Road. While there, he got into an altercation with another man which resulted in multiple stab wounds, police said. Chinn was pronounced dead at the scene.
Harris is currently being held at the New Hanover Detention Center without bond.
- Updated Before his coma he spoke English; after waking up he's fluent in Spanish
- Auburn to honor Barkley with statue
- Pope opens private summer residence to visitors
- Governor tours Princeville, visits Rocky Mount Disaster Recovery Center
- Former President Bill Clinton taking bus tour through Greenville