WILMINGTON, NEW HANOVER COUNTY - A Wilmington man has pleaded guilty in a 2011 shooting death.
Thirty-six-year-old Eric Bryant pleaded guilty last week to manslaughter in the shooting death of Harold Davis II on May 1, 2011.
Bryant originally was charged with murder.
He was sentenced to between seven and nine years in prison. Bryant will be given credit for the two years he has been in jail.
Bryant was arrested after deputies found Davis with two gunshot wounds lying in a driveway.
Charges are pending against a co-defendant, 45-year-old Antonio Lacewell.
- Michelle Obama fires up North Carolina crowd for Hillary Clinton
- Updated Wildlife sanctuary searches for owl lost duirng Hurricane Matthew
- Updated Dems can't get enough of FLOTUS -- and Clinton knows it
- Updated Haley 'not a fan' but will vote for Trump
- Updated Trump in 2011: Hillary Clinton 'did probably as much as anybody' for the black community