BOLIVIA, BRUNSWICK COUNTY - A Wilmington man has been charged with murder and felony child abuse in the beating death of a 3-year-old boy last year.
A Brunswick County grand jury on Monday indicted 28-year-old Montey Andrea Murray in the death of Jarron McAllister on March 1, 2012.
The indictment accuses Murray of hitting the boy on his chest, abdomen and head. Murray was babysitting Jarron at the time.
An autopsy revealed the child died of internal bleeding.
Shallotte Police said Murray dropped the boy off at a Brunswick County hospital emergency room with critical injuries.
Police said they tracked Murray to an apartment and he fled, leading officers on a chase from Shallotte to Supply before ramming a patrol vehicle.
Murray had been held on charges of eluding police and battery with a deadly weapon.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Italy earthquake: Amid the rubble, a couple says 'I do'
- Updated Donald Trump: Mika must apologize for 'gang attack' on Pastor Mark Burns