BOLIVIA, BRUNSWICK COUNTY - A Wilmington man has been charged with murder and felony child abuse in the beating death of a 3-year-old boy last year.
A Brunswick County grand jury on Monday indicted 28-year-old Montey Andrea Murray in the death of Jarron McAllister on March 1, 2012.
The indictment accuses Murray of hitting the boy on his chest, abdomen and head. Murray was babysitting Jarron at the time.
An autopsy revealed the child died of internal bleeding.
Shallotte Police said Murray dropped the boy off at a Brunswick County hospital emergency room with critical injuries.
Police said they tracked Murray to an apartment and he fled, leading officers on a chase from Shallotte to Supply before ramming a patrol vehicle.
Murray had been held on charges of eluding police and battery with a deadly weapon.
- Updated Brexit: 4.2 million migrants still wait to learn their fate
- New Onslow County man facing larceny, other charges
- Updated Iraqi forces take key village near airport from ISIS
- Updated 'Stand your ground' hearing opens in Fla. theater shooting
- New Winterville Police looking for suspect in Subway robbery