NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - New Bern city leaders unveiled new marketing initiatives and logos for the city at a meeting Tuesday night. They hope this move will bring more money to the city in the form of new business and more tourists.
New Bern's new proposed slogan is "everything comes together here." During the presentation, the company hired to come up with the branding and logo explained the slogan, pointing out that, among other things, the Neuse and Trent Rivers come together in New Bern, historic and modern come together in New Bern, tradition and progress come together in New Bern, small business and big business come together in New Bern and diverse people come together in New Bern.
This is the city's new proposed logo:
The blue, wavy design is modeled after the Neuse and Trent Rivers. New Bern's three key images - the Swiss bear, the clock tower and a sailboat - are also included in the branding and will be interchangeable with each other.
City leaders tell us the price tag for this re-branding effort stands at almost $90,000.
- Updated WCTI's Anna Bulszewicz announces she's leaving the anchor desk
- Updated Pence tries for damage control abroad but allies still wary
- Updated Investigation underway after teen shot in New Bern
- Updated Border Patrol shooting of Mexican goes to Supreme Court
- Updated Israeli soldier sentenced in Palestinian killing