NEAR HOLLY RIDGE, ONSLOW COUNTY - Deputies arrested an Onslow County man for allegedly shooting a gun and threatening to harm himself over a domestic dispute.
According to investigators, the incident happened at 23129 Highway 50, outside Holly Ridge, at about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Crystal Molina told NewsChannel 12 she informed her husband, Ruben Molina, that she was planning to leave him. She said Ruben then threatened to kill himself.
Crystal said her husband went outside and shot his handgun into the ground. According to Crystal, her husband then went back inside and said he was going to call 911 and try to have a shootout with deputies.
When authorities arrived on scene, Ruben Molina had to be tased, his wife said.
Crystal said her husband has been charged with filing a false report, resisting arrest, and discharging a weapon too close to an occupied dwelling. He was taken to the Onslow County Jail. Deputies said the investigation is ongoing.
- Updated Clinton puts Trump on defense at first debate
- Updated Clinton vs. Trump: The most memorable one-liners
- Updated Clinton, Trump clash in first debate: CNN's Reality Check Team vets the claims
- Pence on Trump's debate plan: 'We'll see where it goes'
- New Kinston Police Chief settling in after one week