More than 400 tropical systems have impacted North Carolina in its history. In fact, North Carolina ranks fourth among states hit by hurricanes. StormTrack 12 Meteorologist Les Still explains why we are so vulnerable to strikes by these storms in part one of our Hurricane Series.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms