TRENTON, JONES COUNTY - A wheat fire sparked a massive barn blaze in Jones County Tuesday afternoon, investigators said.
According to Fire Marshal Tim Pike, an ember from the planned wheat field burn set the barn ablaze between 1 to 1:30 p.m. The scene is on Highway 58, near Greentown Road in Trenton.
The fire burned for about 30 minutes before it was put out, Pike said. No injuries were reported.
Pike said the barn was destroyed. But two nearby mobile homes were saved.
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Updated Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father in law
- Updated Preparations for first ECU home game underway