TRENTON, JONES COUNTY - A wheat fire sparked a massive barn blaze in Jones County Tuesday afternoon, investigators said.
According to Fire Marshal Tim Pike, an ember from the planned wheat field burn set the barn ablaze between 1 to 1:30 p.m. The scene is on Highway 58, near Greentown Road in Trenton.
The fire burned for about 30 minutes before it was put out, Pike said. No injuries were reported.
Pike said the barn was destroyed. But two nearby mobile homes were saved.
- Updated Apple criticizes Trump over reversal of transgender bathroom guidelines
- Updated 'What's the capital of Canada?' and other weird job interview questions
- Updated SpaceX docks with space station on second try
- Updated NASA satellite photos show effects of California rain
- Updated Cheesemaker Sargento expands listeria recall, cuts supplier