EASTERN N.C. - Mild conditions are sweeping most of the nation and we are no exception.
Monday and Tuesday's highs will be in the low 70's, a good 10-12° above average for this time of year.
Believe it or not, temperatures have soared across the Great Plains so that some places are experiencing temperatures 20-30° above average.
Our stretch of warm weather will come to a halt Wednesday night into Thursday when cooler air will bump us back down into the 50's.
Temperatures are likely to remain warmer than usual through the first half of December for Eastern Carolina.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend