WAYNE COUNTY - An inmate in Wayne County is facing new charges for allegedly assaulting several detention officers.
According to the Wayne County Sheriff's Office, 28-year-old David Jacob Lambert, of Dudley, was being held in the Wayne County Jail on unrelated charges. But on Feb. 12, Lambert assaulted a detention officer in the control room of the jail, investigators said.
Other officers who tried to help the detention officer were also injured in the altercation, the Sheriff's Office stated.
As a result, Lambert was sent to Raleigh Central Prison to be held for safe keeping. He was later escorted back to Wayne County and was charged with first-degree kidnapping, two counts of assault LEO/PO/other serious injury, assault causing physical injury on a detention employee, and assault causing physical injury LE/PRO/PAR.
Lambert is being held on a $200,000 bond.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend