MOREHEAD CITY, CARTERET COUNTY - Two waterspouts were reported this morning across the east. The first near Bogue Inlet around 8:00 a.m., the second in New Bern around 9:00 a.m.. More are possible today.
The National Weather Service in Morehead City originally placed the tornado somewhere near Atlantic Beach. Deputies were informed in the area to watch for a water spout cited moving in between Atlantic Beach and Morehead City.
Fire officials in Harkers Island are also investigating a house fire possibly caused by lightning. An eyewitness reported seeing lightning strike the home on Pintail Lane. No one was home at the time.
Heavy rain and more severe storms are possible this weekend. This morning, viewers in Morehead City and Atlantic Beach shared pictures of flooded roads. Officials urge drivers to not drive through flooded roads, if it looks too high to drive through.
- Michelle Obama fires up North Carolina crowd for Hillary Clinton
- Updated Wildlife sanctuary searches for owl lost duirng Hurricane Matthew
- Updated Dems can't get enough of FLOTUS -- and Clinton knows it
- Updated Haley 'not a fan' but will vote for Trump
- Updated Trump in 2011: Hillary Clinton 'did probably as much as anybody' for the black community