LENOIR COUNTY - A police chase in Lenoir County Saturday night ended when the suspect vehicle crashed into a creek.
A state trooper says he tried to pull over Carlos Dixon Quinones, of Kinston, for speeding.
Quinones did not pull over, and the chase wound for approximately five miles from north of Kinston to the Grifton area, the trooper said.
The chase ended when Quinones' car went into a creek off of Tick Bite Road, the trooper said.
Quinones, 36, tried to flee on foot through the creek but gave up the effort, the trooper said.
Quinones' license was revoked.
He's now charged with felony speeding to elude, driving while license revoked, and reckless driving, among other charges.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Court declines to hear appeal on Wisconsin voter ID law before election
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of two nuns in Mississippi
- Two kayakers bound for Scotland, looking to make history
- Associated Press botches Hillary Clinton report and response