The Craven County School District tells NewsChannel 12 a water boil advisory will affect several Havelock area schools again on Thursday. A large water main break happened Tuesday night and was successfully repaired.
The affected schools are Arthur W. Edwards Elementary, Graham Barden Elementary, Havelock Elementary, Gurganus Elementary, and Tucker Creek Middle.
Water samples were pulled and tested Wednesday morning. Test results are expected sometime Thursday and the schools will remain affected until a clean sample is declared.
Parents of students at the affected schools are encouraged to send bottled water along with their children on Thursday morning.
- Updated NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Updated Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Updated Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew