JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A man faces a felony charge for allegedly assaulting an Onslow County detention officer, causing the victim to get more than a dozen stitches, according to warrants.
Documents stated that Leland Ulonzo Pierce, 23, attacked the officer at the Onslow County Jail on Monday. According to the warrants, the suspect hit the victim in the face, causing two cuts on the left side of his head. The detention officer had to get 13 stitches, said the magistrate.
Pierce was serving time for an armed robbery when the alleged assault happened.
- Updated Kinston welcomes professional baseball back to Grainger Stadium
- Updated AP: Brazilian police charge Lochte with filing false report
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Men have 'gotta get over' their issues with equal pay
- Updated Trump: No legal status for undocumented immigrants
- Lochte's presence is desired by Brazilian authorities