JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A man faces a felony charge for allegedly assaulting an Onslow County detention officer, causing the victim to get more than a dozen stitches, according to warrants.
Documents stated that Leland Ulonzo Pierce, 23, attacked the officer at the Onslow County Jail on Monday. According to the warrants, the suspect hit the victim in the face, causing two cuts on the left side of his head. The detention officer had to get 13 stitches, said the magistrate.
Pierce was serving time for an armed robbery when the alleged assault happened.
- Updated Spurned again in DNC vote, progressives threaten revolt
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Updated Trump declines to attend White House correspondents' dinner
- Judge rules against dismissing charges against Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
- Fire reported in old Calypso Fire Station