EASTERN N.C. - It was expected to be warm and rainy for your Monday.
Most spots across Eastern Carolina will see about a half an inch of rain today. The first round of showers will begin to taper off around noon, but a second round will be close behind.
This second round of showers look to have some embedded thunderstorms. In fact, don't be surprised to see a flash of lightning or two from about 4pm this afternoon all the way through about 10pm tonight.
This isn't our last date with thunder for the month of December. Thursday night is looking favorable for another round of storms despite being only a few days before Christmas.
But the warm weather might not last for too long. Both the Climate Prediction Center and long-range forecast models are hinting towards a good shot of much cooler air to arrive this Friday, which fittingly is the first official day of winter and lasting through Christmas.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Rhymefest's angry tweet draws Chicago police apology
- Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction