BEAUFORT - A group of speakers will examine the war known as America's forgotten war in a free, daylong conference at the North Carolina Maritime Museum in Beaufort.
The conference Friday marks the bicentennial of the War of 1812, which resolved issues remaining from the American Revolution. The session will focus on the naval war, which strengthened the United States and established its position in the world.
The keynote speaker will be Stephen Budiansky, author of "Perilous Fight: America's Intrepid War with Britain on the High Seas, 1812-1815."
The program is open to the public. An optional cruise after the program costs $36.
- New Two adults arrested, charged with encouraging, enticing children's fight
- Updated Clinton: Trump's 'final target is democracy itself'
- Updated House Dems expand map as super PAC targets Montana
- Updated Child abducted in North Carolina, Amber Alert issued
- Updated GOP schedules RNC member call as Election Day approaches