GREENVILLE - A man was arrested in Pitt County for outstanding warrants after being pulled over for running a red light, according to police.
Greenville police arrested 37-year-old Bernard Jones Monday night. Officials say they pulled Jones over at West Third St. and Tyson St. in Greenville. Police say they quickly discovered Jones was wanted for assault with a deadly weapon.
Jones is in jail under a secured bond of $18,000.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend