GREENVILLE - Family of Austin Baeza will hold a candle light vigil after a fatal hit and run crash leaves investigators searching for a suspect.
The vigil was planned for Thursday at the crash site located at NC Hwy. 33 east near Memorial Dr. in Pitt County, at 7 pm.
The family and Pitt County investigators welcome the community to the vigil to raise awareness in the unsolved case.
Baeza, 20, was a Pitt Community College student. His body was found along Hwy. 33 during the night of the crash, August 18th. Baeza was believed to be walking.
Baeza was from Mooresville.
According to investigators, the vehicle involved in the incident was possibly a Chrysler (Jeep, Dodge or Plymouth) product sustaining damage to the front end headlight area. It may also be missing a mirror or antenna.
In the past few months, this is the second hit & run incident which has occurred in Pitt County resulting in serious injury or death to a person.
If you have information, please call CrimeStoppers at 757-7777.
- Updated Death of senior leader al-Adnani caps bad month for ISIS
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device
- Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results