GREENVILLE - Family of Austin Baeza will hold a candle light vigil after a fatal hit and run crash leaves investigators searching for a suspect.
The vigil was planned for Thursday at the crash site located at NC Hwy. 33 east near Memorial Dr. in Pitt County, at 7 pm.
The family and Pitt County investigators welcome the community to the vigil to raise awareness in the unsolved case.
Baeza, 20, was a Pitt Community College student. His body was found along Hwy. 33 during the night of the crash, August 18th. Baeza was believed to be walking.
Baeza was from Mooresville.
According to investigators, the vehicle involved in the incident was possibly a Chrysler (Jeep, Dodge or Plymouth) product sustaining damage to the front end headlight area. It may also be missing a mirror or antenna.
In the past few months, this is the second hit & run incident which has occurred in Pitt County resulting in serious injury or death to a person.
If you have information, please call CrimeStoppers at 757-7777.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating