MOREHEAD CITY, CARTERET COUNTY - A Youtube video posted on Friday claims to capture the moment the "Magic Moment" was struck by lightning Tuesday during the Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament.
In the video, posted by a user named Carol Yoder, the lightning strikes not far behind the boat followed by a bright flash of light. In the 4:45 video, thunder can be heard sporadically. After the strike, the engine of the boat turns off and crew members can be heard shouting to make sure everyone is O.K.
On Tuesday, the Big Rock reported the boat had been struck by lightning in the morning and had to be towed back to shore.
No one was hurt during the lightning strike.
The link to the original video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqDsrse7FLY
- Updated Biden aims to reassure Turks of US support after failed coup
- Updated How should you talk to loved ones about their weight?
- Updated Oil billionaire: Trump didn't 'understand' simple fracking question
- Updated Thousands of fish die in Yellowstone River
- Inside the big banks' plan for new digital cash