MOREHEAD CITY, CARTERET COUNTY - A Youtube video posted on Friday claims to capture the moment the "Magic Moment" was struck by lightning Tuesday during the Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament.
In the video, posted by a user named Carol Yoder, the lightning strikes not far behind the boat followed by a bright flash of light. In the 4:45 video, thunder can be heard sporadically. After the strike, the engine of the boat turns off and crew members can be heard shouting to make sure everyone is O.K.
On Tuesday, the Big Rock reported the boat had been struck by lightning in the morning and had to be towed back to shore.
No one was hurt during the lightning strike.
The link to the original video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqDsrse7FLY
- Updated Hope that someone gets my message in a bottle - and someone did ... 50 years later
- Updated Deputies looking to identify man wanted for questioning in fraud case
- Updated Mediterranean migrant deaths reach record level in 2016
- Updated Megyn Kelly's epic clash with Newt Gingrich
- Updated Dogs go on poop patrol to sniff out fecal bacteria