BELHAVEN - The Town of Belhaven and the NAACP are suing the Vidant Hospital System over the closing of Vidant Pungo Hospital.
The group alleges that by closing the hospital, Vidant is discriminating against poor people and minorities.
Dr. William Barber with the NAACP says under the civil rights act of 1964, such a complaint could cost the hospital federal funds if it is found to be in violation.
- Updated Brooklyn's coolest hotels and hottest hangouts
- Updated Trump has 3,643 websites that range from TrumpEmpire.com to TrumpFraud.org
- Updated Snapchat Spectacles now for sale online
- Angelina Jolie opens up about family after split with Brad Pitt
- Trump's promises hit Washington reality in first month