CHARLOTTE - The fiance of an unarmed man who was fatally shot by a Charlotte police officer says she wants police to release video of the shooting.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Officer Randall Kerrick is charged with voluntary manslaughter in the death of 24-year-old Jonathan Ferrell, a former Florida A&M football player.
Ferrell family attorney Chris Chestnut says Cache Heidel will ask authorities Tuesday to release dashboard video of the shooting.
Police have said Ferrell may have been seeking help after a wreck in September when he went to a home and knocked on the door, frightening a woman who called 911 because she thought he was trying to break into her home.
Civil rights leader have praised the police for quickly filing charges, but that decision is drawing sharp criticism from police groups.
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Updated 9-year-old girl dies following head on car collision
- Woman sent to the hospital following car crash with log truck
- Manchester Arena attack: 8-year-old girl among the dead at Ariana Grande concert
- Cops and Barbers event set for Tuesday in Greenville